- Please select a sea basin
- Adriatic and Ionian Seas
- Atlantic Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- Baltic Sea
- Black Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
- North Sea
- Outermost Regions
- Council Conclusions on the Arctic
- 2016 Joint communication: An integrated European Union policy for the Arctic
- Council conclusions on developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region
- European Parliament's motion for a resolution on the EU strategy for the Arctic
2012 Joint communication: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [88 KB] All available translations.
- The inventory of activities in the framework of developing a European Union Arctic Policy [167 KB] All available translations.
- Space and the Arctic [156 KB] All available translations.
- Press releaseAll available translations.
- Frequently asked questionsAll available translations.
- Brochure: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [997 KB] All available translations.
- 2011 European Parliament resolution on sustainable EU policy
- 2009 Council conclusions on Arctic issues [156 KB] All available translations.
- 2008 Commission communication on EU & Arctic region& press releaseAll available translations.
- Arctic section (background info, working documents, events)
Atlantic stakeholder platform conference, Dublin, 27 September 2016
Registration is open
North Sea stakeholders discuss way forward for regional blue growth
About 60 stakeholders from the North Sea region met on 20 and 21 June in The Hague, Netherlands for a workshop on strategic cooperation on blue growth in the North Sea area, organised by the European Commission.
40th Annual Session of the General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean: the start of "a new era in fish stock recovery"
The 40th annual session of the General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean (GFCM) drew to a successful close on 3 June. Decisions made in Malta are in line with the European Commission's strategy to improve the state of the Mediterranean fish stocks and the economic prospects of the fishing industry. Commissioner Karmenu Vella expressed his deep satisfaction with the outcome, which "ushers in a new era of action to help fish stocks recover and fishing communities thrive."