- Please select a sea basin
- Adriatic and Ionian Seas
- Atlantic Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- Baltic Sea
- Black Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
- North Sea
- Outermost Regions
- Council Conclusions on the Arctic
- 2016 Joint communication: An integrated European Union policy for the Arctic
- Council conclusions on developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region
- European Parliament's motion for a resolution on the EU strategy for the Arctic
2012 Joint communication: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [88 KB] All available translations.
- The inventory of activities in the framework of developing a European Union Arctic Policy [167 KB] All available translations.
- Space and the Arctic [156 KB] All available translations.
- Press releaseAll available translations.
- Frequently asked questionsAll available translations.
- Brochure: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [997 KB] All available translations.
- 2011 European Parliament resolution on sustainable EU policy
- 2009 Council conclusions on Arctic issues [156 KB] All available translations.
- 2008 Commission communication on EU & Arctic region& press releaseAll available translations.
- Arctic section (background info, working documents, events)
3rd Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference: Commissioner Vella hands over awards for best Atlantic projects
Commissioner Karmenu Vella participated today in the 3rd Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference in Dublin, following the successful editions in Porto and Brest last year. The Commissioner reaffirmed his commitment to strengthen cooperation in the Atlantic. He expressed his appreciation for the progress made by the maritime stakeholders in the region. He also chaired the first edition of the "Atlantic project awards", rewarding the five most innovative and successful projects.
The 3rd Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference to feature awards for best projects
Registration is still open for the 3rd Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference, to be held in Dublin, on 27 September 2016.
Launching event: Workshop on integrated maritime policy and maritime spatial planning in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea
The European Commission will together with the Mediterranean Coastal Foundation (MEDCOAST) organise a workshop centred on maritime spatial planning and integrated maritime policy. It takes place on 20 September 2016 in Dalyan (Turkey).