Sea basin strategy: Arctic Ocean
- Please select a sea basin
- Adriatic and Ionian Seas
- Atlantic Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- Baltic Sea
- Black Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
- North Sea
2012 Joint communication: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [88 KB] All available translations.
- The inventory of activities in the framework of developing a European Union Arctic Policy [167 KB] All available translations.
- Space and the Arctic [156 KB] All available translations.
- Video message by Maria Damanaki
- Press releaseAll available translations.
- Frequently asked questionsAll available translations.
- Brochure: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [997 KB] All available translations.
- 2011 European Parliament resolution on sustainable EU policy
- 2009 Council conclusions on Arctic issues [156 KB] All available translations.
- 2008 Commission communication on EU & Arctic region& press releaseAll available translations.
- Arctic section (background info, working documents, events)
European Atlas of the Seas
- 18/12/2013 - Sustainable development of the blue economy of the Black Sea, 30 January 2014, Bucharest, Romania
Atlantic strategy: workshop on directly managed funds and operational programmes, Brussels
The European Commission is organising on a workshop on how to access and mobilise directly managed EU funds (i.e. those managed by the Commission) to pursue implementation of the Action Plan for a Maritime Strategy in the Atlantic area.
Consultation on the EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region (EUSAIR)
The Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy has launched a public consultation on the EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian region, inviting all those interested, e.g. private individuals, public organisations, enterprises, civil society, etc. to send their contributions.