Sea basin strategy: Arctic Ocean
- Please select a sea basin
- Adriatic and Ionian Seas
- Atlantic Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- Baltic Sea
- Black Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
- North Sea
2012 Joint communication: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [88 KB] All available translations.
- The inventory of activities in the framework of developing a European Union Arctic Policy [167 KB] All available translations.
- Space and the Arctic [156 KB] All available translations.
- Video message by Maria Damanaki
- Press releaseAll available translations.
- Frequently asked questionsAll available translations.
- Brochure: Developing a European Union Policy towards the Arctic Region: progress since 2008 and next steps [997 KB] All available translations.
- 2011 European Parliament resolution on sustainable EU policy
- 2009 Council conclusions on Arctic issues [156 KB] All available translations.
- 2008 Commission communication on EU & Arctic region& press releaseAll available translations.
- Arctic section (background info, working documents, events)
European Atlas of the Seas
Research and innovation funding in Black Sea region now available through Horizon 2020
Horizon 2020, the New EU Framework Programme launched this year and running until 2020, provides a wide array of funding opportunities in the research and innovation domain. Its first work programme (2014-2015) includes a targeted call for the Black Sea region.
Towards greater cooperation in the Adriatic and Ionian
On Thursday 6 February, European Commissioner for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Maria Damanaki, will speak at a high level conference in Athens to discuss an EU macro-regional strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian region.
Approaching lift off: focus will be key to success of new EU macro-regional strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian
Preparations have reached a milestone for a brand new macro-regional strategy to support cooperation among 8 countries in the Adriatic and Ionian region.