- The European Spatial Planning Observation Network (ESPON) is mainly concerned with territorial development. It was set up to support policy development and build a European scientific community around this topic.
- The Water Information System for Europe (WISE) gives access to data and information related to water, collected at EU level by various institutions and bodies.
- The Environmental Marine Information System (EMIS) provides information on various environmental variables and indicators, through an embedded geographic information system.
- The European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODNET) aims to improve availability of high quality data, by building a European marine knowledge infrastructure
- INSPIRE is establishing an infrastructure for spatial information in Europe to support Community environmental policies, and policies or activities which may have an impact on the environment.
- Under the Data Collection Framework (DCF) Member States (MS) collect, manage and make available a wide range of fisheries data needed for scientific advice. See the DCF policy development and the Joint Research Centre (JRC) fisheries data collection website
- The Marine Competence Centre (MCC) is providing research and scientific support to the implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD)
- International Coastal Atlas Network (ICAN)
- United Nations Atlas of the Oceans
- Google map
- Google Earth-Ocean
Please note that most of the links provided go to external sites over which the Commission services have no control and for which the Commission assumes no responsibility. If you wish to suggest adding a link, send us a mail.