New Trends in Language Didactics is an international conference that will take place at ”Babe-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, on 9-10 May 2014. It aims to bring together specialists in various areas of language acquisition and the pedagogy for language learning. It seeks to offer a congenial forum for language professionals, researchers, research groups and institutions involved with language learning, to exchange their views on the latest advancements in the field. The official languages of the conference are: English, French, Italian, Romanian and Spanish.
The conference is organised around the following main areas of enquiry:
- Language for specific purposes (LSPs)
- Computer assisted language learning
- Audiovisuals and language learning enhancement
- Translation and language learning
Presentations should reflect on the developments of the fast changing language acquisition environment with specific emphasis on the following thematic areas:
- Language learning and cultural mediation
- E-learning and M-learning
- Video game localisation and language learning
- Subtitling and the role of audiovisual translation in language learning
- Language for specific purposes
- Social networks & language learning
- Copyright issues in language learning
- New trends in foreign language learning
- Training the trainers: working with foreign language instructors
- Quality and innovation in the teaching of Romanian as a foreign language.
Please send your proposal in .doc format by e-mail to email@example.com with the following accompanying information:
- Name of the author(s), affiliation and contact information
- Abstract and title (250-350 words in the language of the presentation)
- Line of research of the presentation (see above main areas of enquiry)
Deadline for submission: 25th February 2014.
More information is available on the official conference website