The International Language Association (ICC) will hold its Annual Conference 2013 in March at the University of Sofia, Bulgaria, in collaboration with the prestigious Sofia University “St Kliment Ohridski” and the European Centre for Education and Training.
The Sofia conference will focus on language, culture and identity in multilingual and multicultural environments and will concentrate on areas such as:
- teacher and learner identity and implications for the classroom
- intercultural comprehension and expectations in education
- ICT and the impact of social media
- what is an authentic language user?
- the socio-economic impact of language competence (for example, for groups such as migrants).
The ICC invites papers and workshop sessions from all those involved in language education: teaching, materials design, testing, teacher training, research, project representatives, as well as employers concerned with language, culture and identity in multilingual and multicultural environments.
Abstracts should be sent by 18th January 2013.
The ICC - the international language association e.V. - is a Non-Government Organisation with participatory status at the Council of Europe. ICC sets standards for a transnational network of language learners.
To learn more and register go to the conference website