These seven inventive, original and inspiring projects will be rewarded today for their contribution to language learning and the promotion of languages in Europe.
The Expolangues fair in Paris, a meeting place for movers and shakers in the language market and for the general public, will honour these seven initiatives. From promoting languages through sport to screening films in their original version and even teaching Chinese, they offer new perspectives on language learning.
Europe-Education-Formation, the agency in charge of selecting the label winners in coordination with the European Commission, will present the well-deserved prizes to the winners.
Innovation, creativity, motivation and “a European attitude” are the key words for any project competing for the label.
Congratulations to the winners and all the best!
Learn more about the European Language Label here.
The Label winners
- Lycée pilote innovant et international (Jaunay-Clan International Pilot-Project School) - Jaunay-Clan (Vienne) - Poitiers Latin-American Film Festival Screening films in their original version at an annual festival: what better way to improve language comprehension!
- Directorate for Primary Education - Papeete (Tahiti) - Combating school failure and illiteracy through teaching of declamatory art, "Oréo in primary school" : Discovery and recognition of the value of Polynesian languages and cultures, prevention of illiteracy, and the improvement of language skills and tolerance, all at the same time!
- Ms Michelle HENRY - ESL resources: More than 3000 pages of language resources for pupils, parents and teachers, a wealth of information just a click away!
- Ecole des Mines de Nantes ((National School of Mining Engineering) - Nantes (Pays-de-la-Loire) - Do you speak Chinese? : Nǐ hǎo hé jiā yóu (Hello and Good luck), an innovative method for teaching Chinese to beginners!
- Institut catholique de Lille (Catholic Institute of Lille) - Lille (Nord) - Law faculty : Learning languages and law in a single bachelor’s programme: get your books out!
- Association pour la Sauvegarde et la Promotion du Patrimoine Littéraire Mondial (Association for the Safeguarding and Promotion of the World Literary Heritage) - Paris (Ile-de-France) - Platform for multilingualism and mutual cultural knowledge in Europe : Adaptation of great novels into comics and digital and audio books, followed by translation into all European languages: soon European heritage will be available for everyone!
- Collège Cousteau (Cousteau Secondary School) -Séné (Brittany) - SPORT IS FUN! : A successful combination of Anglo-American sports, language practice and cultural projects!