Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council
The Council of EU Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Ministers will meet on 7 March in Brussels. The European Commission will be represented by László Andor, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, and Vice-President Viviane Reding, Commissioner for Justice. This Council also prepares the Spring European Council later in March.
Main agenda items for employment and social inclusion:
- The contribution of the employment and social affairs Ministers to the preparation of the Spring European Council of 24-25 March, in particular the adoption of the Joint Employment Report and the endorsement of the main points of the Commission's Annual Growth Survey, as well as an agreement to maintain the employment guidelines from last year (2010-2014);
- The presentation of the summary of contributions to the Green Paper consultation on pensions;
- A discussion on the development of an electronic exchange system for administrative cooperation concerning the posting of workers;
- A lunch discussion on active ageing;
- Council conclusions on the European Pact for Gender Equality (2011-2020);
- Commission Report on equality between women and men 2011 where Ministers will review the annual report on progress on equality between women and men in 2010.