Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council
The Council of EU Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Ministers will meet on 7 March in Brussels. The European Commission will be represented by László Andor, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, and Vice-President Viviane Reding, Commissioner for Justice. This Council also prepares the Spring European Council later in March.
Main agenda items for employment and social inclusion:
- The contribution of the employment and social affairs Ministers to the preparation of the Spring European Council of 24-25 March, in particular the adoption of the Joint Employment Report and the endorsement of the main points of the Commission's Annual Growth Survey , as well as an agreement to maintain the employment guidelines from last year (2010-2014);
- The presentation of the summary of contributions to the Green Paper consultation on pensions;
- A discussion on the development of an electronic exchange system for administrative cooperation concerning the posting of workers;
- A lunch discussion on active ageing;
- Council conclusions on the European Pact for Gender Equality (2011-2020);
- Commission Report on equality between women and men 2011 where Ministers will review the annual report on progress on equality between women and men in 2010.