Directorate-General for Justice
Our mission is to build a European Union area of Justice which ensures:
- Respect for your fundamental rights by the EU and by member states at national level
- Equal treatment on the basis of sex, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age and sexual orientation
- Protection for your personal data anywhere in the EU
- Access to justice in case of legal difficulties anywhere in the EU
- Protecting and empowering consumers
Read more "about DG Justice "
Commitment to transparency
The European Commission is committed to publishing information about who meets its political leaders and senior officials and to providing greater access to documents.
As part of the Commission's commitment to transparency, Directors-General publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.