Networks of experts
Since December 2011, a network of experts provides external expertise to the Commission in the field of gender equality policy. It has taken over from two pre-existing experts networks specialsed on respectively employement, and social inclustion, health and long-term care.
This network undertakes an annual programme of policy-oriented research and reports to the unit "Gender Equality" of the Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers. It is comprised of experts in statistics, econometrics, social protection, social inclusion and labour market economists covering all 28 EU Member States, the three EEA-EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), acceding, candidate and pre-candidate countries.
The network prepares various kind of products (thematic reports, research reviews, country fiches etc.) covering 34 countries. The reports do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of the European Commission. Neither the Commission nor any person acting on its behalf is responsible for the use that might be made of the information contained in these reports.
The network is coordinated by the Fondazione Giacomo Brodolini (FGB) in partnership with Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale (IRS) based in Italy.
- Visions for gender equality (2015)
- Men women and pensions (2015)
- Secondary earners and fiscal policies in Europe (2015)
- A new method to understand occupational gender segregation in European labour markets (2015)
- The gender gap in pensions in the EU - Report -
- The impact of the economic crisis on the situation of women and men and on gender equality policies
- Starting Fragile: gender difference in the youth labour market - Report - Policy Brief