European Institute for Gender Equality RSS
The European Institute for Gender Equality is a European agency to support the EU-countries and the European institutions (in particular the Commission) in their efforts to promote gender equality, to fight discrimination based on sex and to raise awareness of gender issues. The seat of the European Institute for Gender Equality is in Vilnius (Lithuania).
Tasks of the European Institute for Gender Equality
The tasks of the institute are:
- to collect and analyse comparable data on gender issues;
- to develop methodological tools, in particular for the integration of the gender dimension in all policy areas;
- to facilitate the exchange of best practices and dialogue among interested parties;
- to raise awareness among EU citizens.
Bodies of the European Institute for Gender Equality
The bodies of the Institute are:
- a Management Board (decision-making body);
- an Experts' Forum (consultative body);
- a Director (executive body) and his/her staff.
The Management Board adopts the annual work programme, the medium-term work programme as well as the Institute's budget. The Experts' Forum supports the Director in ensuring the excellence and independence of the Institute. The Director, who is the legal representative of the Institute, is responsible for the daily management of the Institute and the implementation of the work programme.