Advisory Committee on equal opportunities for women and men RSS
The Advisory Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men assists the Commission in formulating and implementing the European Union activities aimed at promoting equality between women and men.
The Committee fosters ongoing exchanges of experiences, policies and practices between EU countries and the various parties involved.
To achieve these aims the Committee delivers opinions to the Commission on issues of relevance to the promotion of gender equality in the EU. It comprises representatives of EU countries, social partners at EU level and NGOs.
The Committee was created in 1981 by the Commission Decision relating to the setting up of an Advisory Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men.
Opinions of the Advisory Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men
- Opinion on gender equality in the EU in the 21st century: remaining challenges and priorities
- Opinion on data collection on violence against women
- Opinion on the mid-term review of the Europe 2020 Strategy
- Report on the meeting of the Advisory Committee on equal opportunities for women and men - 22 May 2014
- Opinion on reducing the gender gap in pensions
- Opinion on an EU initiative on female genital mutilation
- Report on the 39th meeting of the Advisory Committee on equal opportunities for women and men - 23 May 2012
- Opinion on gender equality in the cohesion policy 2014-2020
- Opinion on a possible EU awareness raising campaign on violence against women and girls (VAWG)
- Opinion on the Multiannual Financial Framework 2014-2020
- Opinion on the gender dimension of integration of migrants
- Opinion on the gender dimension of active ageing and solidarity between generations
- Opinion on "Breaking gender stereotypes in the media"
- Opinion on the future of gender equality policy after 2010
- Opinion on the EU strategy on violence against women and girls
- Opinion on flexible and part-time working arrangements and the gender dimension of the labour market
- Opinion on equal pay for equal work or work of equal value in tackling the gender pay gap
- Opinion on the gender perspective on the response to the economic and financial crisis
- Opinion on the revision of Directive 86/613/EEC
- Opinion on the future of the EU budget
- Opinion on new forms of leave (paternity leave, adoption leave and filial leave)
- Opinion on EU Network of Women in Economic and Political Decision-Making Positions
- Opinion on the gender pay gap
- Opinion on the gender dimension of the inclusion of ethnic minorities
- Opinion on the revision of the Integrated Guidelines for Growth and Jobs
- Opinion of the advisory committee on men in gender equality
- Opinion on gender dimension in the next programming period of the structural funds 2007-2013
- Opinion on "The role of civil society in implementing European legislation on equal treatment for women and men in the area of equality at work"