Opportunities to participate
Currently, interested company representatives can participate either in Equal Pay Training or in Workshops at a national level. The Training focuses exlcusively on the topic of equal pay and is open to participants from across Europe. The Workshops offer a more general discussion with other business representatives from the respective country on how to attract and retain female top talent.
Equal Pay Training
The European Commission’s Equal Pay Training offers company representatives from across Europe the opportunity to further their knowledge on every aspect relating to “equal pay”: from detecting and combating gender wage discrimination to establishing a systematic process for continuously evaluating compensation systems. Experts explain practical methods and tools that can help companies to establish fair compensation systems on a permanent basis. Using concrete examples and practical exercises, participants are trained in applying the methods.
The training is oriented exclusively towards representatives of major European companies. Travel and subsistence costs for participants will be covered. The number of participants is limited to 20-30 persons per training. We therefore recommend early registration.
The following Equal Pay Training sessions will be held, each of which will cover the indicated countries (so for example if you come from the Czech Republic you should preferably register for the workshop in Warsaw):
- Austria, Cyprus, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey:
Training in Vienna, Austria, on 15 October 2013
More information | Register online for the Training in Austria
- Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Sweden:
Training in Warsaw, Poland, on 22 October 2013
More information | Register online for the Training in Poland
- Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain:
Training in Milan, Italy, on 5 November 2013
More information | Register online for the Training in Italy
- Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Serbia, UK:
Training in Berlin, Germany, on 12 November 2013
More information | Register online for the Training in Germany
The training will be held in English since participants from different European countries are expected to attend.
Workshops at a national level
Exchange know-how and experience with other company representatives in workshops at a national level. Workshops take place in every participating country. They provide the ground for a hands-on exchange of knowledge and experience. Participants will discuss insights and ideas on how to attract and retain female top talent. Ultimately, the workshops offer the opportunity to network with other businesses in their country.
In 2013, these workshops took place already:
- In Prague, Czech Republic, on 31 January 2013
- In Riga, Latvia, on 06 March 2013
- In Tallinn, Estonia, on 18 April 2013
- In Valletta, Malta, on 19 April 2013
- In Athens, Greece, on 25 April 2013
- In Vienna, Austria, on 25 April 2013
- In Madrid, Spain, on 23 May 2013
- In Berlin, Germany, on 27 May 2013
- In Brussels, Belgium, on 30 May 2013
- In Bukarest, Romania, on 31 May 2013
- In Vilnius, Lithuania, on 6 June 2013
- In London, United Kingdom, on 20 June 2013
- In Bratislava, Slovakia, on 24 June 2013
- In Luxembourg, Luxembourg, on 2 July 2013
- In Vaduz, Liechtenstein, on 23 August 2013
- In Helsinki, Finland, on 29 August 2013
- In Dublin, Ireland, on 12 September 2013
- In Amsterdam, Netherlands, on 12 September 2013
- In Sofia, Bulgaria, on 19 September 2013
- In Paris, France, on 20 September 2013
- In Lisbon, Portugal, on 24 September 2013
- In Milan, Italy, on 26 September 2013
- In Istanbul, Turkey, on 26 September 2013
- In Reykjavik, Iceland, on 26 September 2013
- In Nicosia, Cyprus, on 2 October 2013
- In Stockholm, Sweden, on 8 October 2013
- In Copenhagen, Denmark, on 10 October 2013
- In Oslo, Norway, on 16 October 2013
In 2012, these workshops took place already:
- In Zagreb, Croatia, on 27 September 2012
- In Skopje, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, on 30 October 2012
- In Warsaw, Poland, on 20 November 2012
- In Budapest, Hungary, on 21 November 2012
- In Belgrade, Serbia, on 4 December 2012
- In Ljubljana, Slovenia, on 6 December 2012
The European Business Forum on 21 March 2013 in Brussels offered selected representatives of leading companies from all across Europe a platform for discussion and exchange. In the light of current and future labour market challenges, the Business Forum provided answers on how companies can secure their business success by making better use of the female talent pool. Pleae find more information on the "Equality Pays Off"-Business Forum website.
Join the discussion
Dedicated social media pages give business representatives the opportunity to directly exchange ideas and opinions on topics linked to "Equality Pays Off". Some examples:
- Join the discussion with the Directorate-General for Justice on Facebook or Twitter.
- Follow Commissioner Reding on Twitter.
- Exchange information on gender equality via the social media pages of the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) on Facebook and Twitter.
- Keep posted on anti-discrimination with the EC equalitynews on Facebook.
- Have a look on the Facebook page of the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality of the European Parliament.
- Discover Wikigender - a project initiated by the OECD Development Centre to facilitate the exchange and improve the knowledge on gender equality-related issues around the world.
Review: Business Forum 2013
Equality Pays Off Update
Keep up to date on issues realting to the "Equalty Pays Off" initiative. Read the Update and subscribe to it.
Evaluate the status quo of gender equality in your company with the "Equality Pays Off" quick check.
Discover more about the current situation of gender equality in the labour market of your country.