Equality Pays Off
In total, 34 countries are targeted by the "Equality Pays Off" initiative.
- The European population is shrinking and ageing. The result is a decrease in the number of suitably qualified people available on the job market.
- In a globalised economy, Europe needs high-quality products and services to keep ahead of its competitors. At the same time, businesses face the challenge of ever more complex technologies.
Companies must broaden their employee base. Making better use ofis a promising approach. Statistics have repeatedly shown that the labour force potential of women is not being adequately utilised:
- Only 59% of women participate in the labour market as opposed to 70% of men.
- 32% of women work part-time compared to 8% of men.
- More than six million women in the European Union state that they cannot work full-time due to family responsibilities. (see: European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, 20120, p.3)
- Only 14% of board seats at Europe’s largest companies are filled by women.
- On average, women earn 16% less than men.
- Although women are more likely to have a qualification in tertiary education – 25% of women compared to 22% of men – on average, they earn less than men and are less represented in management positions.
For more information please see the report Women in economic decision-making in the EU: Progress report , and the Report on progress on equality between women and men in 2011. Statistics regarding women in decision-making can be found in the European Commission's data base and on the website of eurostat.
Dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. I am an hyperlink, pellentesque ut bibendum quis, imperdiet id orci. Curabitur a lacinia risus. Morbi metus velit, sodales id elementum at, posuere at nisl. Sed sollicitudin neque quis ante consectetur lobortis. Sed nec arcu elit.
Nulla sit amet metus a felis vestibulum feugiat dictum elit, augue vestibulum sit amet.
- ed interdum
- purus with links tempus.
- odio sit amet
is consectetur metus sed est commodo consectetur. Donec tincidunt eros et ante fringilla id hendrerit sapien luctus. Sed aliquam blandit lectus eget fringilla.
Curabitur feugiat dictum elit, sit amet commodo augue vestibulum sit amet. Sed interdum odio sit amet purus congue tempus. Duis consectetur metus sed est commodo consectetur. Donec tincidunt eros et ante I am another hyperlink sapien luctus. Sed aliquam blandit lectus eget fringilla.
Nulla sit amet metus a felis vestibulum sollicitudin eget a nisl. Proin tempor molestie felis. Sed interdum odio sit amet purus congue tempus. Duis consectetur metus sed est commodo consectetur. Donec tincidunt ero