European Forum on the Rights of the child Brussels 4 March 2008
The second Forum focused on the matter of Child Alert Mechanisms for missing children and on the issues of child poverty and social exclusion, with special attention to Roma children.
A tree in the esplanade of the Berlaymont building has been inaugurated to symbolise a meeting place between children and decision makers.
- Agenda [1 MB]
- Franco Frattini, Vice-President of the European Commission [24 KB]
- Romana Tomc, Representative of Slovenian Presidency [8 KB]
- Roberta Angelilli, Member of the European Parliament [63 KB]
- Luis Riera Figueras, European Commission - Directorate-General for Development [28 KB]
- Margarida Barroso [57 KB]
- Eric Marlier, Chair of the EU Task Force Child Poverty and Child Well-Being [322 KB]
- Elisabeth Pelsez, Ministry of Justice France [13 KB]
- Vladimir Špidla, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities [9 KB]
- Anastasia Crickley, Fundamental Rights Agency [8 KB]
- Marta Santos Pais, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre: Speech [72 KB] Presentation [205 KB]
- Jerôme Vignon, European Commission Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities [10 KB]
- Viktória Mohácsi, Member of the European Parliament [8 KB]
- María Ochoa-Llidó, Council of Europe [59 KB]
- List of participants [248 KB]
- Press releases
- European Commission Communication "Towards an EU strategy on the Rights of the Child"
- European Parliament Resolution "Towards an EU strategy on the rights of the child"
- European Commission Communication "A Special Place for Children in EU External Action"
- including the video presented at the conference
- Tackling child poverty and promoting the social inclusion of children in the European Union (2007)
- Child Poverty and Well-Being in the EU (2008)
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre
- L'Europe de l'Enfance and ChildONEurope
- European Network of Ombudspersons for Children