European forum on the Rights of the Child
The European Forum on the Rights of the Child is a permanent group for the promotion of children's rights in the EU's internal and external action. It is chaired by the Commission and meets annually.
The European Forum on the Rights of the Child
The Forum was launched following the adoption of the Commission Communication Towards an EU strategy on the Rights of the Child in 2006.
The role of the Forum is:
- to advise and assist the Commission and other European institutions, in particular regarding the mainstreaming of children's rights across all EU policies;
- to exchange information and good practices.
Members of the Forum are:
- EU countries' representatives;
- Ombudspersons for children;
- the Committee of the Regions (CoR);
- the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC);
- the Council of Europe;
Meetings of the Forum on the Rights of the Child:
- 9th Forum, Brussels, 3-4 June 2015
- 8th Forum, Brussels, 17-18 December 2013
- 7th Forum, Brussels, 13-14 November 2012
- 6th Forum, Brussels, 23 November 2011
- 5th Forum, Brussels, 14 October 2010
- 4th Forum, Brussels, 18 June 2009
- 3rd Forum, Brussels, 9 December 2008
- 2nd Forum, Brussels, 4 March 2008
- 1st Forum, Berlin, 4 June 2007