Diversity Charters across the EU
Diversity charters are among the latest in a series of voluntary diversity initiatives aimed at encouraging companies to implement and develop diversity policies.
A diversity charter consists of a short document voluntarily signed by a company or a public institution. It outlines the measures it will undertake to promote diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace, regardless of race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability and religion.
The diversity policies developed within companies adhering to a diversity charter recognise, understand and value people's similarities and differences as representing huge potential sources of innovation, problem-solving, customer focus, etc.
EU-level exchange platform
The European Commission recognises that diversity charters can contribute to fighting discrimination in the workplace and to promoting equality.
Therefore it is funding a platform for EU-level exchange between organisations promoting and implementing national diversity charters. The platform is part of a larger project which aims at supporting voluntary initiatives promoting diversity management in the workplace.
The EU-level exchange platform allows the promoters of the existing diversity charters to meet on a regular basis, to share their experiences and develop common tools.
- Central point of contact for all Diversity Platform related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity Charter Newsletter - Issue 2
- Diversity Charter Newsletter - Issue 1
- Practical guide to launch and implement a Diversity Charter
- Overview of Diversity Management implementation and impact amongst Diversity Charter signatories in the EU - report .