The material (opinions, working documents, letters etc.) issued by the Article 29 Working Party (Art. 29 WP), available on this website reflect the views only of the Art. 29 WP which has an advisory status and acts independently. They do not reflect the position of the European Commission.
Education: Sofia University St. Climent Ohridski, Degree in Law, specialization in law enforcement
Present position: as from 15 April 2014 - Chairman of the Commission for personal data protection
- February 2011 - April 2014 - Advisor to the 41-th and 42-nd National Assembly on matters, related to the supervision of the security services, the use and employment of special investigation means and the access to data under the Law on Electronic Communications
- April 2011 - April 2014 - Member of the Central Election Commission of the Republic of Bulgaria, appointed with decree of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria
- September 2014 - December 2014 - Legal expert to the Ad hoc Committee of Inquiry into the Circumstances around the Facts and the Data, revealed Publicly about Violations, committed in the Commission for Prevention and Ascertainment of Conflict of Interests to the 42-th National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria
- August 2009 - January 2011 - Lawyer on free practice - senior legal advisor to U.S. Agency for International Development and the European Commission funded projects in Tajikistan, Georgia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- April 2009 - July 2009 - Advisor to the Minister of Interior on international affairs and fight against corruption
- July 2007 - March 2009 - Senior legal advisor to the International Foundation for Electoral Systems, Washington, USA, workplace - Armenia- project financed by U.S Agency for International Development for development of functioning democratic institutions and enhancing their capacity to fight against corruption
- February 2007 - June 2007 - Legal advisor by the preparation of Anticorruption strategy in the Republic of Macedonia - financed by the U.S Agency for International Development
- May 2006 - February 2007 - Lawyer on free practice – senior legal advisor to EU projects in Bulgaria and Romania - provided technical support for the Bulgarian Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works; delivered technical support for enhancing the capacity of NGO’s in Romania and Bulgaria to manage EU funds and projects
- May 2002 - April 2006 - Deputy director and Senor legal expert to the U.S Agency for International Development funded project for fight with corruption and establishment of anticorruption entities in the executive and legislative authorities. Enhancing the capacity of the Bulgarian National Audit Office as independent regulator. Creation of electronic registry on public procurements
- May 2000 - April 2002 - Legal advisor, Program director – Transparency International - Bulgaria, chapter of Transparency International
President of Garante per la protezione dei dati personali
Antonello Soro (1948) was appointed for a seven-year term by the Italian Parliament as one of the four Commissioners in the panel of the Italian Data Protection Authority in June 2012. In July 2012 he was appointed President of the Italian DPA by the other Commissioners.
Prior to his appointment, Mr. Soro was Mayor of the city of Nuoro and Member of the Regional Council of Sardinia. From 1996 to 2012 he served as an MP in the Italian Chamber of Deputies.
During his parliamentary term, he was member of several key bodies and committees, including the External Affairs, Social Policies and European Policy Affairs Committees. He worked on important dossiers and contributed to the drafting of many bills including the one on ethics rules for journalistic activities to protect wiretap data and legislation to protect crime victims.