The material (opinions, working documents, letters etc.) issued by the Article 29 Working Party (Art. 29 WP), available on this website reflect the views only of the Art. 29 WP which has an advisory status and acts independently. They do not reflect the position of the European Commission.
Christopher Graham became UK Information Commissioner in June 2009, with responsibility for overseeing the Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Act regimes - promoting access to official information and protecting personal information
Christopher was Director General of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) from April 2000 to June 2009. From 2003-5, he was Chairman of the European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA), the federation of advertising self-regulatory bodies across the EU Single Market.
Prior to joining the ASA, Christopher was for three years Secretary of the BBC. Christopher first joined the broadcaster as a News Trainee in 1973. He was Deputy Editor of The Money Programme and became Managing Editor of News Programmes for TV and Radio.
President of the Office for Personal Data Protection - Czech Republic
Vice-Chairman of the Art. 29 Working Party Data Protection
- 2002 - 2005: Prague City Assembly, Member of Prague City Council; Prague City Councillor for Culture, Church and Religious Societies and Tourism (Civic Democratic Party)
- 2002: Mayor of the City of Prague (Civic Democratic Party)
- 1998 - 2002: Prague City Assembly, Member of Prague City Council; Prague City Councillor for Culture, Sport and Physical Training, Church and Religious Societies, Fairs, Congress Tourism and Tourism (Civic Democratic Party)
- 1997 - 1998: Parliament of the Czech Republic, Deputy - member of Committee for Foreign Affairs (Civic Democratic Party)
- 1996 - 1997: Office for State Information System, Prague, Chairman
- 1993 - 1996: Office of the Government of the Czech Republic, Prague; Minister - Head of Office of the Government (Civic Democratic Party); Chairman of Research and Development Council: preparation of a conception of the governmental support of science and research; Executive Deputy Chairman of Government Board for People with Disabilities; Chairman of Inter-ministerial Anti-Drug Commission; Chairman of Council for Nationalities
- 1991 - 1993: Ministry of State Control, Prague; Minister of State Control (Civic Democratic Party); Since 1991, minister in the Czech government of the prime minister Petr Pithart (for Civic Democratic Party)
- 1992 - 1993: Federal Assembly of the Czechoslovak Federative Republic, Prague, Deputy (Civic Democratic Party)
- 1990 - 1992: Federal Assembly of the Czechoslovak Federative Republic, Prague; Deputy, elected for Civic Forum in the Chamber of Nations of the Federal Assembly of the Czechoslovak Socialistic Republic; Secretary of Budget Committee
- 1987 - 1990: META Prague, mathematician - analyst
- 1984 - 1987: Faculty of General Medicine of the Charles University, Prague, mathematician - analyst, Chair of Nuclear Medicine
1978 - 1983: Charles University, Prague, Graduated from Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, specialization in numeric mathematics, Degree "RNDr."