Daphne III RSS
The European Parliament and the Council adopted a Decision establishing the specific programme Daphne III as part of the General Programme "Fundamental Rights and Justice".
The Daphne history
A comprehensive list of projects funded under Daphne is available in the Daphne Toolkit . Organisations interested in applying for Daphne funding are strongly encouraged to visit the Daphne Toolkit to learn from past experiences.
Daphne's objectives and tools
The focus of the Daphne III programme is on:
- assisting and encouraging NGOs and other organisations active in this field;
- developing and implementing targeted awareness-raising actions;
- disseminating results obtained under the previous Daphne Programmes;
- identifying and enhancing actions contributing to positive treatment of people at risk of violence;
- setting up and supporting multidisciplinary networks;
- ensuring the expansion of the knowledge base and exchange, identification and dissemination of information and good practice;
- designing and testing awareness-raising and educational materials, and supplementing and adapting those already available;
- studying phenomena related to violence and its impact;
- developing and implementing support programmes for victims and people at risk, and intervention programmes for perpetrators.
Access to the programme
Access to the programme shall be open to:
- private or public organisations and institutions (local authorities at the appropriate level, university departments and research centres)
- working to prevent and combat violence against children, young people and women; protect against such violence; provide support for victims; implement targeted actions to promote rejection of such violence; or encourage attitude and behaviour change towards vulnerable groups and victims of violence.
Within the framework of the Daphne Programme the Commission has contracted a feasibility study to assess the possibilities, opportunities and needs to standardise national legislation on violence against women, violence against children and sexual orientation violence. The study was finalised in 2010.
- Factors at play in the perpetration of violence against women, violence against children and sexual orientation violence: A Multi-level Interactive Model
Annual Work Programmes
For the implementation of the Daphne III Programme, the Commission has adopted the following annual work programmes: