Expert Group RSS
Expert Group on Cloud Computing Contracts
On 18 June 2013, the Commission set up an Expert Group on Cloud Computing Contracts.
The Expert Group was established to assist the Commission in identifying safe and fair contract terms and conditions for cloud computing services for consumers and small firms.
The group shall take account of existing best market practices in terms and conditions in cloud computing contracts and the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (as required under of Directive 95/46/CEC ).
Composition of the Group
The Expert Group is composed of practitioners and organizations representing cloud service providers and customers (especially individual/private consumers and small firms), as well as representatives of legal professions or academics with expertise in cloud computing contracts and in personal data protection issues relevant to cloud computing contracts.
The Expert Group held its first meeting in November 2013 and will hold regular meetings until mid-2014.
Meeting of 19/20 November 2013
Meeting of 29/30 January 2014
- Discussion paper on "Pre-contractual information"
- Discussion paper on "Switching - data portability upon switching"
- Discussion paper on "Liability for non-compliance with data protection obligations"
Meeting of 5/6 March 2014
- Discussion paper on "Data location and security"
- Discussion paper on "Modifications of cloud computing contracts"
- Discussion paper on "Unfair terms in cloud computing contracts"
Meeting of 27/28 March 2014
- Discussion paper on "Availability of service"
- Discussion paper on "Subcontracting"
- Discussion paper on "Audit and reporting"
- Discussion paper on "Data transfers in the cloud"
Meeting of 9/10 April 2014
Meeting of 30 April 2014
- Discussion paper on "Control and use of content"
- Discussion paper on "Data disclosure and integrity"
- Synthesis (including discussions on other topics)
* The documents published do not represent the views of the European Commission as an institution.