The European Commission Representation in Ireland is part of the Commission’s network of representative offices throughout the Member States of the European Union. We are located at European Union House, 18 Dawson Street, Dublin 2 (tel: (01) 634 1111, e-mail: email@example.com). Click here for directions on how to get here.
We are the Commission’s voice in Ireland and we aim to communicate EU affairs at both national and local levels.
The organigramme of the Representation can be found here [92 KB] and our team has the following functions:
- Providing information on European affairs both to the media and to the general public. The Press Office keeps national and local media up to date with developments in Brussels and is an important contact point for journalists.
- Providing the general public with free access to information about the Commission and the European Union in our public information centre at 18 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, through publications, multimedia facilities and educational visits. Information officers are on hand to deal with specific queries.
- Providing a Your Europe Adviser(solicitor: Siobhan Duffy) who is available to give advice and information on citizens’ rights in the European Union. For the first half of 2013, Ms. Duffy is available for consultation sessions for a half day each month. You can make an appointment for any of the following dates.
- 24 May (morning)
- 21 June (morning).
- Distributing a weekly electronic newsletter with news of recent developments at EU level and an agenda of upcoming events.
- Supporting a countrywide network of EU information providers in local libraries, business information centres and universities.
- Gathering information and keeping the Commission in Brussels informed of various political, social and economic developments in Ireland. As part of our expanding listening function, the Representation will conduct public consultations on various ideas that the Commission is developing. We want to ensure that citizens’ voices are heard in the corridors of power in Brussels.