- CWCM Explorer
- Create a new web content
- Lifecycle operations
The CWCM Explorer: a new tool for contributors
The CWCM Explorer is a new tool which simplifies the task of contributors.
The Explorer is used by contributors to navigate inside a web cabinet and a subsite, to edit web content, to create some web content and to perform life cycle operations on documents.
- The Explorer is a fast user-friendly browser based application, which is based on standard web technologies and makes no use of plugins, like Java or Flash.
- The Explorer integrates the existing CWCM editor.
- Navigation in the Explorer is intuitive and fast.
- It is focused on the work of an author, and also provides lifecycle functionalities.
- Bookmarks can be created in your browser to jump directly to a particular subsite.
- The document creation is performed through a wizard.
Once a user is connected to the application, he/she can navigate inside web cabinets & subsites.
To navigate inside a folder, just click on it! You can also navigate by using the crumbtrail. The crumbtrail represents the path of the current location. If you click on a part of the crumbtrail, you will be redirected to the selected location.
The result list :
The result list is composed of 3 parts:
- Column labels
- The list of the folders
- The list of the documents
- The Name column corresponds to the name of the document/folder.
You may be perform some actions by clicking on the document/folder name depending of the document type and status:
- By clicking on a subsite or folder you navigate into this subsite/folder.
- By clicking on an editable web content the Editor is launched.
- By clicking on a file, other than web content, like a PDF file, the file will be visualised.
- The Status column is only available for documents and web contents. The status is the state of the document within the lifecycle. Each document version may have one or more statuses. The status shown in the CWCM Explorer is the highest status of the current version.
- The Last edit column corresponds to the date of the last edition of the document.
- The Language column corresponds to the language of the document.
- The Size column indicates the size of the document
Web view of a document
If the document can be visualised a special "eye" icon is displayed. Click on that icon to view the document.
The view inside a folder or subsite can be filtered according to some criteria. Criteria are cumulated and are applied on the view after you have clicked on the Filter button.
Filter on language
You can filter on languages to view:
- documents in all languages: select All languages in the language filter
- only documents in a specific language: select a language in the language filter
- only master documents: select Master in the language filter
Filter on the status of the document
You can filter on the status of the documents within the lifecycle. This filter is based on the highest status of the current version of filtered documents. If no option is selected, all documents are displayed, including Expired documents.
Filter editable web contents
You may choose to view only on editable documents: only content with an editable web content type will be displayed, which can be edited with the CWCM editor. In that case, check the EDITABLE WEB CONTENT option.
Create a new web content
The explorer application allows contributors to create web content documents. This action is only available to authorized users (depending of the subsite security role/access). To create a web content, click on the + Button.
The web content creation tool opens. It consists of a wizard composed of three steps:
- Selection of the document type
- Selection of the language
- Input of the document's name.
Select a document type
Only allowed document types are available.
A thumbnail is associated to each document type.
Once you have selected the document type, click on Next to go to the following step.
Select a language
Only allowed languages are available. A specific choice is “Language independent”. Once you have selected the language, click on Next to go to the following step.
Enter a name
Some specific characters are not allowed in a document name: if you try to use one of them, it will be automatically deleted. If the document is not “language independent”, the name definition is composed of “NAME_LG.xml”:
- NAME : given document name
- LG : language on 2 letters
Once you have entered a name, click on Create to finish the creation process or on Previous to modify your choices.
Once created the document is edited in the Editor.
Note that the document is definitively created when you click on the Create button (version 1.0). So the document is not deleted if you close the Editor without saving it. A new version (1.1) is created the first time you save the content
Some lifecycle operations are available on documents. These actions can be performed after selecting one or more documents (using check boxes).
Select one or more documents and then select the Promote action in the menu.
Select one or more documents and then select the Power promote action in the menu.
Select one or more documents and then select the Demote action in the menu.
Select one or more documents and then select the Expire action in the menu.