In order to publish your files on the EUROPA server you need a transfer tool. There are 3 main types:
Classic FTP tool
Those such as FileZilla, WS FTP Pro, etc... adapted to transfer :
- Many local files/folders,
- A variety of files/folders,
- No immediate production.
Information to set up your FTP tool:
- Host name/address : doteu.staging.cc.cec.eu.int
- Host type : UNIX
- UserID : CUD-login
- Password : central pass words - internet
- Path to the subsite/s
Staging Manager tool
- A limited number of files/folders or a compressed file (format .zip),
- The automatic creation of .request files...,
- Start immediate production.
This tool is accessible at http://doteu.staging.cc.cec.eu.int:8888/
Procedure or programme
Every procedure that uses command systems or IT programmes that support the FTP transfer instructions is adapted for intensive or regular internal production (e.g. news).
This method needs to be able to perform the following operations:
- The selection and FTP transfer of files,
- The creation and transfer of the .request update file,
- [The http: command: URL, login, password for immediate production ]
An old procedure that had been installed by the Data Centre is still being used for a limited number of sites. This is due to disappear in favour of the latest solution.