Coldfusion is a commercial product developed by Adobe Systems.
The name Coldfusion covers actually two things: Coldfusion is a technical markup language, CFML (Coldfusion Markup Language), similar to HTML, aimed to describe dynamic content and Coldfusion is also an Application Server, a software engine, able to interpret and execute the Coldfusion markup language.
- Simplified database access
- Client and server cache management
- Client-side code generation, especially for form widgets and validation
- Conversion from HTML to PDF and FlashPaper
- Data retrieval from common enterprise systems such as Active Directory, LDAP, SMTP, POP, HTTP, FTP, Microsoft Exchange Server and common data formats such as RSS and Atom
- File indexing and searching service based on Verity K2
- GUI administration
- Server, application, client, session, and request scopes
- XML parsing, querying (XPath), validation and transformation (XSLT)
- Server clustering
- Task scheduling
- Graphing and reporting
- Simplified file manipulation including raster graphics (and CAPTCHA) and zip archives (introduction of video manipulation is planned in a future release)
- Simplified web service implementation
Guidelines and references
As (most of) Europa is hosted by the Data Centre (DIGIT), guidelines for hosting Coldfusion applications at the Data Centre apply for Europa Coldfusion driven sub-sites.
Please consult, the training information system, which gives you access to the training catalogue, the training map and allows you to introduce your application for a training course.
How to request a ColdFusion hosting ?
You have to fill up a form in Mirella as detailed on our page "Request a dynamic application".