Social bookmarking and networking
The Social bookmarking and networking allows users to share web pages' contents. Contents are shared using social networks or e-mails.
The Social bookmarking and networking tool helps website publishers spread their content across the web, by making it easy for visitors to bookmark and share content to their favorite social destinations. This service is:
- Can display the number of times an item has been shared (optional)
This is a central service; you do not have to install the files on your website to use it. The required files to run this service are hosted on both domains http://ec.europa.eu and http://europa.eu/ under the same directory structure.
06-02-2014: 2 new networks and extra configurability sharing with Twitter
- The first set of sharing options now include Pocket and Yammer. These networks are also available as individual buttons.
- 'via @EU_Commission' is still appended by default to the Tweet for pages in the ec.europa.eu domain but is now customizable.
Generate higher share activity with individual and more conspicuous share buttons.
- Choose from the most commonly used networks.
- 3 specifiable icon sizes.
- Specify your own order of buttons.
- Choose the text accompanying the buttons. Available in 24 languages.
- No cookies!
Standard feature: share with email or social network (facebook, twitter, etc.) or bookmark to your favorites
Default style. Counter is not displayed.
A counter is displayed and indicates the number of times an item has been shared.
EU cookie law
How to request this service
Free to use. You do not need to fill in a request form. Please have a look at the documentation/examples just above.