- Put a dynamic map in any web page
- Display tooltip
- Customize the popup content
- Manage several layers
- Customize the map in another language
- Manage minimal, maximal and number of zoom levels
- Cluster your map's markers
- Expand clusters with placemarks at the same coordinates
- Execute clustering process on a remote server (when more than 500 markers are used)
- Software used
- How to request this service
Geographical Interface - Road maps
Geographical Interface - Road maps lets you embed interactive maps in your website. You can customize maps by displaying data in overlays. You can create your own overlays.
Geographical Interface - Road maps is based on free Softwares, developed for and by the Open Source software community.
Geographical Interface - Road maps makes it easy to put a dynamic map in any web page. It can display map tiles loaded from any source.
Geographical Interface - Road maps displays map data in most modern web browsers, with no server-side dependencies.
This is a central service; you do not have to install the files on your website to use it. The required files to run this service are hosted on both domains http://ec.europa.eu and http://europa.eu/ under the same directory structure.
Commissioner Dacian Cioloş' website: http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-2014/ciolos/map/index_en.htm
Software used :
- A map source: OpenStreetMap
- A simple editor to generate XML: UMapper
- A lightweight and interactive client: OpenLayers
How to request this service
Free to use. You do not need to fill in a request form. Please have a look at the Road Maps user guide just above.