Creating PDF with PDF CoDe
Use PDF CoDe to convert your documents into PDF format by sending them to special mailboxes and receiving their PDF equivalent by return email:
- EC-PDF-CODE-WEB@ec.europa.eu, to make it best for viewing on screen,
- EC-PDF-CODE-PRINT@ec.europa.eu, to make it best for printing,
- EC-PDF-CODE-HIDEF@ec.europa.eu, for high quality professional printing for example by the Print Shop.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is the format to publish files for download on EUROPA. To know more about the format AND how to use it on EUROPA, see our PDF page.
PDF CoDe is the tool which can be used by all Commission staff to create PDF documents.
- User friendly: If you can send an email with an attachment, you can use PDF CoDe.
- Conversion profiles: you can choose the most suitable profile for you PDF document, depending on its final destination (WEB, PRINT and HIDEF).
- No prior training or installation is needed.
- Available any time, anywhere, even while travelling or at home, using OWA (Outlook Web Access).
- Reliable. The Data Centre provides permanent monitoring and support.
- Confidential. Documents are sent through secure channels for conversion.
- Converts all the popular software formats (major versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Text, RTF, TIFF, PostScript).
To find out more and get started, see the PDF CoDe website, where you will find a full description of the service, practical information, direct links to the mailboxes, frequently asked questions and contacts.