Creating PDF with PDF CoDe
Use PDF CoDe to convert your documents into PDF format by sending them to special mailboxes and receiving their PDF equivalent by return email.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is the format to publish files for download on EUROPA. To know more about the format AND how to use it on EUROPA, see our PDF page.
PDF CoDe is the tool which can be used by all Commission staff to create PDF documents.
- User friendly: If you can send an email with an attachment, you can use PDF CoDe.
- Conversion profiles: you can choose the most suitable profile for you PDF document, depending on its final destination (WEB, PRINT and HIDEF).
- No prior training or installation is needed.
- Available any time, anywhere, even while travelling or at home, using OWA (Outlook Web Access).
- Reliable. The Data Centre provides permanent monitoring and support.
- Confidential. Documents are sent through secure channels for conversion.
- Converts all the popular software formats (major versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Text, RTF, TIFF, PostScript).
To find out more and get started, see the PDF CoDe website, where you will find a full description of the service, practical information, direct links to the mailboxes, frequently asked questions and contacts.
Version in use on EUROPA websites
Supported source formats
PDF CoDe can convert the following document formats:
- MS Word 97, 2000, XP and 2003 (MS Word 95 also, with some limitations)
- MS Excel 97, 2000, XP and 2003
- MS PowerPoint 97, 2000, XP and 2003
- ODF (Open Document Format) including word processing (odt), spreadsheet (ods) and presentations (odp)
- BMP, GIF, JPG
- Standard Text
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- Text files
- PostScript Level 1, 2 & 3
These file formats represent the vast majority of documents produced or handled in the Commission, except HTML.