Creating ODF with ODEF CoDe
Use ODEF CoDe to convert your documents from or into ODF format by sending them to special mailboxes and receiving their respective equivalent by return email:
- EC ODEF CODE OFFICE, if you have an ODF document or an MS-Office OpenXML document as source document and want it to be converted into Office format
- EC ODEF CODE ODF, if you have an MS-Office document, traditional or OpenXML, as source document and want it to be converted into ODF format
- EC ODEF CODE OPENXML, if you have an ODF document or a traditional MS-Office document as source document and want it to be converted into MS-Office OpenXML format
OpenDocument Format (ODF) is an open, XML-based file format for office documents. It includes text documents, spreadsheets, drawings, presentations and more.
OpenDocument is an ISO standard, ISO/IEC 26300:2006.
Conversion Tools / Services
DIGIT has made available ODEF CoDe service. The service allows for conversions between legacy MS Office formats (DOC, XLS, PPT) and the corresponding ODF formats (ODT, ODS, ODP ; respectively Open Document Text, Open Document Spreadsheet, Open Document Presentation), in both directions. The conversions are performed with the help of OpenOffice routines running on a server.
Using it is rather simple:
- Send a document to one of the above mentioned mailboxes using Outlook.
- Wait for the result.
- Grab the Resulting document from your Inbox.
You can also find out more about the service on ODEF CoDe web page.