Quick fixes for better browsing
Your current website is still in "desktop" format, but accessible on mobile devices and visitors just have to zoom in to view content.
Here are some guidelines on how to improve the browsing experience on your "desktop" website.
How to improve browsing experience on your desktop website
- Give priority to the site's top tasks.
- Reduce and simplify content where you can.
- Apply the Writing for the Web techniques: the 'bite, snack, meal' structure, short paragraphs, concise texts and meaningful headings.
- Avoid using Flash especially to show content that is not available anywhere else on your site. Flash is not supported by most mobile web browsers.
- Avoid using rollover or mouseover effects to display content. This behaviour is not possible on a touchscreen device.
- Indicate PDF and video links clearly so that visitors are not surprised when they start to download a document or stream a video.
- Make sure any images you uploaded are optimised for the web. Large images are slow to download and could consume your visitor's mobile data allowance.