The purpose of this phase is to make a finished, validated site available to and known to the public or to the intended target audience of the site.
This section provides a comprehensive review of the series of actions necessary to bring a site “to life”, including publicity-related actions aimed to connect the site with its intended audience, technical actions such as the transfer of the final site onto servers in DIGIT-DC and the final checks to be done before shift to production mode, as well as the necessary planning, follow-up and co-ordination related activities. Other actions for specialised sites may also be needed, such as training, dissemination of more detailed documentation on the site, etc.
- Transfer site to test environment (where applicable with an assistance of DIGIT/DC)
- Final checking (quality assurance) of the website on the production server
- CAB approval for putting an dynamic application into production (prerequisite:
- tests (functional, performance, failover) performed successfully
- the monitoring in place
- configuration management database updated
- Transfer site to production server(s)
- Final checking of the site on the production server
- Start implementing promotion strategy (make sure your site can be found in search engines)
- Execute cross-promotion with external entities
- Coordinate external events integration with site
- Site hand-over
Quality assurance/ Evaluation criteria
The content to be publish must be compliant with IPG publishing rules, validated against QC checklist.
- Completed and final version of site
- Checklist of the reception procedure (DIGIT-DC)
- Communications strategy
- Promotion plan
- Quality control report(s)
- Corrected version of the site
- Accesses granted to the test and production environments
- Transfer request