The Internet editor provides and manages editorial content for the websites of line DG's and Representations, in particular for the citizen-oriented pages. He/she works closely with the webmaster.
He/she also assists DG COMM in implementing the Internet strategy throughout EUROPA.
- Use of text editors
- Writing for the Web.
- Verify the site’s integrity and consistency (broken links …)
- Support web accessibility
- Support search engine optimisation
Internet editor needs:
- a good knowledge of the possibilities and limitations of the Internet
- good writing skills for the Internet (or at least editorial experience)
- strategic understanding and communication background
- good knowledge of the corporate rules for site construction as laid down in the IPG
- a well-defined level of "authority" to take decisions on web-related matters.
- Internet basics
- HTML, PDF conversion tools
- WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Documentum Corporate WCM for end users