EUROPA team (DG COMM)
You can contact the EUROPA team on the page all EUROPA support contact points.
The EUROPA team assists departments in planning, creating and managing sites on EUROPA.
It provides support and advice for online communication, including:
- creation, design and maintenance of websites, blogs, forums
- EUTube - a channel on youtube.com for EU video clips
- management of the Flexible Platform for Internet Services - FPFIS
- Corporate Web Content Management System tool and service
IPG, Information Architecture, Accessibility and Usability Trainings
Web consulting and advice
statistics on EUROPA development of Internet tools
- management of access to EUROPA web tools and services
- guidance on use of .eu domain name and allocation of web addresses
- EC home page (in 24 languages) - news articles covering EU policy development, events, etc. and local news from EC Representations offices. Complementary sections: promotion of President's and Commissioners' activities, EU prizes and competitions
- Web network of EC Representations offices
- Promotion on EUROPA home page
For the creation of new sites or subsites, this includes the following:
- discussing the design of the project and its incorporation in the EUROPA structure with the originating department and Internet editors
- drawing the attention of the originating department to the IPG rules to be complied with
- granting a web address or URL
- giving the originating department advice and suggestions on page layout, usability and accessibility, technologies, interactivity, promotion of the site, etc.
- if necessary, ensuring coordination with other departments with a stake in the project