This page provides other documents of interest for the monitoring and analysis of the evolution and impact of R&D investment in Europe and the world.
Please note that the views expressed in these publications are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of European Institutions.
- Report The use of webometrics for the analysis of knowledge flows within the European Research Area (consortium coordinated by IDEA CONSULT, 2009) [ - 4 MB]
- Report “The Impact of Collaboration on Europe's scientific and Technological Collaboration" (Fraunhofer ISI, Idea Consult, SPRU - 2009) [ - 2 MB]
The aim of the study is to have a better insight: a) into the patterns of scientific transnational co-publishing and transnational co-patenting in Europe over the past few years; b) the impact of co-publishing and co-patenting on the quality of patents and publications; c) the drivers behind co-publishing and co-patenting.
- Report “S&T linkage indicators" [ - 360 KB]
The aim of the study is to develop a methodology to advance a new approach to examining the scientific base of the high- and medium-high technology intensive (HMHT) manufacturing industries.
- Report "Highly Cited Patents, Highly Cited Publications, and Research Networks" (Centre for Research on Innovation and Internationalization (CESPRI) of Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan - 2006). [ - 1.26 MB]
The study purported to appraise the existence and the importance of social network linkages between the authors of scientific publications cited in patents (i.e. scientists) and the generators of patented inventions (i.e. inventors). The study focused upon five technology fields, characterised by high degrees of science intensity as measured by the average number of citations to scientific publications per patent, and by high growth rates in the number of patent applications.
- Report A Time Series Analysis of the Development in National R&D Intensities and National Public Expenditures on R&D (consortium coordinated by IDEA CONSULT, 2008) [ - 1.16 MB]
- ERAWATCH Evaluation Report [ - 312 KB] Annexes [ - 452 KB]
- Report “Five Lisbon highlights: The economic impact of resarching these targets” (Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis, 2005) [ - 747 KB]
- Report “3% d’efforts de R&D en Europe en 2010: analyse des conséquences à l’aide du modèle Némésis” (Laboratoire Erasme, 2004 - available only in French) [ - 538 KB]
- Report “The Value of European Patents. Evidence from a survey of European Inventors” (consortium under the leadership of Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies - Pisa) [ - 1.50 MB]
The "POLICY MIX" Project
Monitoring and analysis of policies and public financing instruments conducive to higher levels of R&D investments.
In the frame of the study “Monitoring and analysis of policies and public financing instruments conducive to higher levels of R&D investments” commissioned by the European Commission, 31 country reviews were produced. This project is a research project conducted for DG Research, to serve as support for policy developments in Europe, notably in the framework of CREST activities.
Each country review is produced by an individual author, and provides expert’s view on the policy mix in the country. These reports are not approved by the Commission or national authorities, and are produced under the responsibility of their respective authors.
The role of country reviews is to provide an exploratory analysis of the current policy mixes in place in all countries and detect the most important areas of interactions between instruments as well as new modes of policy governance that are particularly adapted (or detrimental) for the building of policy mixes. They provide analytical material for the analysis of the policy mix concept and its implementation in Europe. This material will be used as background for further reports of the project and for the construction of a tool for policy-makers (to be made available in late 2007 and 2008).