Lähihoitaja/ Närvårdare (Finland)
Generic name of profession
- harmonised training required here:
- Specialist nurse training (national training requirements)
- Name of regulated profession:
- Lähihoitaja/ Närvårdare
- Practical nurse for social and health care (EN)
- All regions
Legal basis for regulation
- National legislation:
- Asetus terveydenhuollon ammattihenkilöistä (564/1994)
- Useful link:
Type of regulation
Protected title (without reserves of activities)
- Recognition under:
- Recognition under Directive 2005/36/EC:
- General system of recognition - primary application
- Qualification level:
SEC - Certificate attesting the completion of a secondary course
, Art. 11 b
- Free provision of services:
- No prior check of qualifications
- Description of activities:
- Practical nurses work in hospitals, health care centers, homecare, day nurseries, rehabilitation institutes, nursing and residential homes, supported housing and in many types of care units. They are responsible for the basic nursing.
Practical nurses work in hospitals, health care centers, homecare, day nurseries, rehabilitation institutes, nursing and residential homes, supported housing and in many types of care units. They are responsible for the basic nursing. (EN)
The database contains information on regulated professions, statistics on migrating professionals, contact points and competent authorities, as provided by EU Member States, EEA countries and Switzerland.
Each country is responsible for updating information on its regulated professions, competent authorities and statistics.
The Commission cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information. However, if errors are brought to its attention, the Commission undertakes to correct them, if deemed appropriate.