- Temporary mobility
Generic name of profession
- Dental hygienist
- Name of regulated profession:
- Dental hygienist (EN)
- All regions
- Recognition under Directive 2005/36/EC:
- General system of recognition - primary application
- National legislation:
- Act No. 34/2012 on Healthcare Practitioners.
- Qualification level:
SEC - Certificate attesting the completion of a secondary course
, Art. 11 b
- Free provision of services:
- Prior check of qualifications
- Useful link:
- Description of activities:
- Tannfræðingar starfa við fræðslu, ráðgjöf, skipulagningu og framkvæmd tannverndar svo og þau klínísku störf á sviði tannheilsu sem þeir hafa menntun til.
A dental hygienist works with instruction, advice, organization of dental protection and the clinical work associated with dental health according his/her professional education. (EN)
The database contains information on regulated professions, statistics on migrating professionals, contact points and competent authorities, as provided by EU Member States, EEA countries and Switzerland.
Each country is responsible for updating information on its regulated professions, competent authorities and statistics.
The Commission cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information. However, if errors are brought to its attention, the Commission undertakes to correct them, if deemed appropriate.