Chartered Shipbroker (United Kingdom)
- Temporary mobility
Generic name of profession
- Shipbroker/Shipping Agent
- Name of regulated profession:
- Chartered Shipbroker
- United Kingdom
- All regions
- Recognition under Directive 2005/36/EC:
- General system of recognition - primary application
- National legislation:
- The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers exists by incorporation under Royal Charter.
- Qualification level:
PS3 - Diploma of post-secondary level (3-4 years)
, Art. 11 d
- Free provision of services:
- No prior check of qualifications
- Useful link:
- Description of activities:
- The Institute offers 16 discrete subject-specific syllabuses, all relevant to shipbroking and indeed more general aspects of commercial shipping.
Full details are available on our website www.ics.org.uk
Each subject is examined by a three hour written exam, where candidates answer a choice of 5 questions out of 8.
In order to become eligible for membership, students must pass four compulsory subjects and three further chosen subjects - 7 subjects in total.
The database contains information on regulated professions, statistics on migrating professionals, contact points and competent authorities, as provided by EU Member States, EEA countries and Switzerland.
Each country is responsible for updating information on its regulated professions, competent authorities and statistics.
The Commission cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information. However, if errors are brought to its attention, the Commission undertakes to correct them, if deemed appropriate.