Generic name of profession
- harmonised training required here:
- Training of Nurse responsible for general care (Article 31 of Directive 2005/36/EC)
- Name of regulated profession:
- Nurse responsible for general care (EN)
- All regions
Legal basis for regulation
- National legislation:
- Helsepersonelloven § 48 1. ledd og forskrift 8. oktober 2008 nr. 1130 om autorisasjon, lisens og spesialistgodkjenning for helsepersonell med yrkeskvalifikasjoner fra andre EØS-land eller fra Sveits
- Useful link:
Type of regulation
Protected title (without reserves of activities)
- Recognition under:
- Recognition under Directive 2005/36/EC:
- General care nurse
- Qualification level:
- Free provision of services:
- No prior check of qualifications
- Description of activities:
- • Ansvarlig for omsorg for mennesker i alle aldre med ulike behov for pleie og omsorg
• Sykepleiere har bred og generell kompetanse i sykepleie
• Arbeid innen alle deler av helsetjenesten
• Varierende arbeidsoppgaver avhengig av avdelingen.
Arbeidsområder: Sykehus, sykehjem, psykisk helsevern
• Responsible for caring for people of all ages with varying needs for nursing and care
• Nurses have broad and general competence in nursing
• Work within any part of the health service
• Varying tasks depending on department.
• Working areas: Hospital, nursing home, mental health service (EN)
The database contains information on regulated professions, statistics on migrating professionals, contact points and competent authorities, as provided by EU Member States, EEA countries and Switzerland.
Each country is responsible for updating information on its regulated professions, competent authorities and statistics.
The Commission cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information. However, if errors are brought to its attention, the Commission undertakes to correct them, if deemed appropriate.