Generic name of profession
- harmonised training required here:
- Training of Nurse responsible for general care (Article 31 of Directive 2005/36/EC)
- Name of regulated profession:
- Nurse responsible for general care (EN)
- All regions
- Recognition under Directive 2005/36/EC:
- General care nurse
- National legislation:
- Act No. 34/2012 on Healthcare Practitioners.
- Qualification level:
- Free provision of services:
- No prior check of qualifications
- Useful link:
- Description of activities:
- Hjúkrunarfræðingur ber ábyrgð á þeim forvörnum, ráðgjöf, hjúkrunarfræðilegri greiningu og meðferð sem hann veitir.
A registered nurse is responsible for the preventions, counselling, nursing diagnosis and treatment he/she provides. (EN)
The database contains information on regulated professions, statistics on migrating professionals, contact points and competent authorities, as provided by EU Member States, EEA countries and Switzerland.
Each country is responsible for updating information on its regulated professions, competent authorities and statistics.
The Commission cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information. However, if errors are brought to its attention, the Commission undertakes to correct them, if deemed appropriate.