Higienista oral (Portugal)
- Temporary mobility
Generic name of profession
- Dental hygienist
- Name of regulated profession:
- Higienista oral
- Oral hygienist (EN)
- All regions
- Recognition under Directive 2005/36/EC:
- General system of recognition - primary application
- National legislation:
- Decreto-Lei n.º 320/99, de 11 de agosto
- Qualification level:
PS3 - Diploma of post-secondary level (3-4 years)
, Art. 11 d
- Free provision of services:
- Prior check of qualifications
- Useful link:
- Description of activities:
- Realização de atividades de promoção da saúde oral dos indivíduos e das comunidades, visando métodos epidemiológicos e ações de educação para a saúde; prestação de cuidados individuais que visem prevenir e tratar as doenças orais.
Conducting activities to promote oral health of individuals and communities for epidemiological methods and actions of health education, providing individual care to prevent and treat oral diseases. (EN)
The database contains information on regulated professions, statistics on migrating professionals, contact points and competent authorities, as provided by EU Member States, EEA countries and Switzerland.
Each country is responsible for updating information on its regulated professions, competent authorities and statistics.
The Commission cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information. However, if errors are brought to its attention, the Commission undertakes to correct them, if deemed appropriate.