Generic name of professions in this database
The generic names of professions are headings under which the regulated professions in the respective countries are grouped together.
For example: The following regulated professions are grouped together under the generic name of "Tourist Guide":
- "Guide touristique" in France
- "Guide interprète régional", also in France
- "Guida turistica" in Italy
The only authentic name of a regulated profession is that of the language of the country in which the profession is regulated. Any translation of this title on this website is purely indicative.
The generic professions aim to give an indication about the general scope of activities of the regulated professions and to help find regulated professions which are listed in the language of the country in which they are regulated. However, Member States are free to choose under which generic heading they insert their regulated professions and no assessment has been made of the areas of activity covered by each generic profession, therefore:
- Two regulated professions grouped under the same generic heading could cover different activities.
- At the same time, two regulated professions falling under separate generic headings could cover similar activities.