Navigation path

Additional tools

Need help?

If you can’t find the answer to a question on our website (Frequently Asked Questionspdf Choose translations of the previous link , User Guidepdf Choose translations of the previous link , Code of Conductpdf Choose translations of the previous link ) or on Your Europe Citizens, there are other sources you can turn to for help.

Look for a solution in your home country first

  • Your national contact point may be able to help you.They can usually tell you everything you need to know about the recognition procedure, including the applicable rules in your country (required documents, whether a profession is regulated or not, the level of regulation, etc.). They can also help if you run into difficulties getting your qualifications recognised.
  • If you think an authority has made a mistake regarding recognition of your qualifications, you can seek whatever recourse is available under your country’s laws. EU regulation applies with immediate effect in all EU countries, which means that you can refer to it in your dealings with the relevant authority and/or court.
  • Legal procedures differ from country to country. The first thing you should do, then, is seek legal advice on what procedure to follow and your chances of success.

Information and solutions on EU websites

If you think a particular country’s legislation or administrative practices violate EU law, you can address a complaint in writing to the European Commission.