Members and mandates
The SEPA Council is co-chaired by representatives of the European Commission and European Central Bank and composed of :
- 5 representatives from the user side of the market (consumers, retailers, businesses and national authorities)
- 5 representatives from the supplier side (European Payments Council, cooperative banks, saving banks, commercial banks and payment institutions)
- 4 national central bank board members (representing the Eurosystem).
The SEPA Council’s mandate is to:
- promote the realisation of the SEPA vision and provide a strategic direction for EU retail payments
- monitor and support the SEPA migration process
- ensure accountability and transparency in the SEPA process.
The SEPA Council meets twice a year.
|25.6.2012||5th meeting in Brussels|
|6.2.2012||4th meeting in Frankfurt|
|11.5.2011||3rd meeting in Brussels|
|9.12.2010||2nd meeting in Frankfurt|
|1st meeting in Brussels|