|08.12.2008||The CESAME Group publishes its report on the progress on removing the Giovannini barriers|
European Commission presentations
Other European institutions' presentations
|ECB (02/2007): TARGET2-Securities|
|ECB (06/2007): TARGET2-Securities keeps moving|
|ECB (10/2007): TARGET2-Securities|
|ECB (02/2008): TARGET2-Securities|
|ECB (06/2008): Removing Giovannini Barrier 7 - Methodology|
Members' documents relating to the Giovannini Barriers
Users' corner - documents and presentations
|Alistair Milne (02/2006) - Standard setting and competition in securities settlement (external link)|
|Alistair Milne (02/2006) - Standard setting and competition in securities settlement (presentation)|
|EFAMA (06/2006) - Users view on Post-Trading Barriers (presentation)|
|EFAMA (06/2006) - Users view on Post-Trading Barriers (background paper)|
|Merrill Lynch (02/2006) - A User Perspective on European Clearing & Settlement|
DG Competition website
- Issues paper: "Competition in EU securities trading and post-trading"
- Report by London Economics entitled "Securities trading, clearing, central counterparties and settlement in EU 25 - an overview of current arrangements "
- Clearstream decision
Other EU Institutions' and Committees' opinions
The Council Conclusions on Clearing and Settlement
- The European Economic and Social Committee report
- European Parliament resolution on the communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament entitled Clearing and settlement in the European Union: main policy issues and future challenges (Andria Report)
- European Parliament Resolution on Clearing and Settlement in the European Union (Kauppi Report)
- On 9 October 2007 the Council published conclusions on clearing and settlement
- On 28 November 2006 the Council published conclusions on clearing and settlement
- Oxera Consulting Ltd. was awarded the contract for developing the methodology to monitor changes over time of costs, prices and volumes of post-trading activities in the field of financial markets.
- Commissioner Charlie McCreevy's speech outlining the way forward in the post-trading area, delivered on 11 July 2006 at the meeting of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament.
- On 7 July 2006 the European Central Bank announced that the Eurosystem is evaluating opportunities to provide settlement services for securities transactions. For more information visit the ECB's website.
- Press release on the meeting of Commissioner Charlie McCreevy and Dr. Alberto Giovannini with industry leaders
- Joint press release by Competition and Internal Market Commissioners on clearing and settlement
- Giovannini Barrier 1 - SWIFT releases final recommendation for the communication protocol
- The tender notice for the Study to define a methodology to monitor changes over time of costs, prices and volumes of post-trading activities in the field of financial markets, and then to apply that methodology, was published in the Official Journal of the EU (OJ S69) on the 8th of April.
Further studies and reports
- SIA Paper: Background note on the Organisation in the US Market for Clearing and Settlement
- Clearstream/Deutsche Börse Group Paper : Clearstream launches real-time night settlement for the German market
- HWWA Discussion Paper: Cross-Border Securities Clearing and Settlement Infrastructure in the European Union as a Pre-requisite to Financial Markets Integration: Challenges and Perspectives " (2004)
- BIS/IOSCO: Recommendations for Central Counterparties
- BIS/IOSCO: Recommendations for Securities Settlement Systems
- BTA Research Report: "European cross border clearing & settlement 2005-2007"
- Van Cayseele: Cost Efficiency in the European Securities Clearing and Settlement Industry
- Deutsche Börse AG: Whitepaper "The European Post-Trade Market - an Introduction"
- FESE’s post-FSAP Priorities
- IFD: Finanzstandortbericht
- Günther Knieps: Discussion Paper: Competition in the post-trade markets: A network economic analysis of the securities business