EU Commissioner Michel Barnier will open the conference with a video message and Olivier Guersent, Head of Cabinet of Commissioner Barnier will deliver the keynote speech. The interim results of the EU pilot project Promotion of Employee Ownership and Participation will be presented and this will be the starting point for a debate on the potential policy options on employee financial participation. Best practices will be presented and discussed and participants will have the opportunity to provide feedback on possible policy options.
Watch the video message by Commissioner Michel Barnier:
The conference will focus on the following issues:
What kind of policy initiatives can help to promote employee ownership and participation?
- Encourage employee ownership and participation throughout Europe
- Overcome obstacles to cross-border employee equity schemes
- Combine economic and labour market policies
- Impact on corporate governance and sustainable growth
- Learning from best practices: Debating examples and possibilities – reflecting on possible improvements on the basis of current best practices and existing challenges.