Thursday 16 January afternoon – Information: Workshops
Workshops of information and debate will be organized by the services of the Commission and the EESC. The themes will be divided into four main groups, after both the GECES experts and the expected participants in the conference have had the possibility to indicate their preferences regarding the themes via the online registration tool.
- Microfinance and social entrepreneur’s stakeholder forum on green economy
- Improving the access to funding
- Increasing the visibility of social economy
- Improving the regulatory framework
- Description and moderators/speakers
- Room allocation, possible number of participants allowed in each room, languages and webstreaming
Thursday 16 January afternoon – Conversation: OpenSpaces
If you have a theme / question / topic which is important to you but is not covered among the themes of the workshops, you can organise a special mini-workshop in OpenSpace (Want to know more about OpenSpace? Click here). In this case, you need only to bring your theme and interest with you; once here, you will be facilitated in posting your theme to invite other participants to join your conversation. (If you do not have a theme yet, you are welcome to participate in OpenSpace by joining the conversations posted that are of interest to you, as well as by coming up with a theme on-site).
Friday 17 January afternoon – Coaching sessions
To foster connections between social entrepreneurs around resolution of concrete projects:
Friday 17 January afternoon – Field visits
Field visits of local social enterprises in Alsace and Baden-Württemberg:
Throughout the event, you will have the opportunity to visit information stands. Here is a list of these stands, and a map showing there position on the 1st floor of the Convention centre.
All activities in the room Erasme (plenary + workshops 4 & 7 + night owl+ High Level panel) will be interpreted in 6 languages: English EN – French FR – German DE – Italian IT and Spanish ES + international sign language (+ Greek passively).
Workshop 12 in the room Schweitzer will be interpreted in 4 languages: English EN – French FR – Italian IT and Spanish ES (+ German and Greek passively).
4 Local Pre-Events in the EU
In the run up to Strasbourg 2014 CommonsSense, in partnership with the Commission, will be running four pilot “Have Your Say!” events in four cities across the EU - Athens, Budapest, Lisbon and Vilnius. These events aim to start the discussions, gaining the opinions and ideas of the young people and the social entrepreneurs on the ground. They also aim to help support and develop the ecosystem of social enterprise in these cities. They will use participative, creative methodologies to bring people together to work on solutions to barriers to social enterprise. For details please contact leila＠commonssense.cc.
- City of Strasbourg
- More information
- Euclid: Together to find solutions to local social problems!
- Find ideas together with social entrepreneurs innovators from all over Europe. Join-us at Euclid’ Network’s next event on the 15th January 2014 in Strasbourg. More information here. Stay tuned!
- Once Fundación
- 1st European Award for Social Entrepreneurship and Disability (SE+D)
- The Social Business initiative (SBI) website
- The Social Business Initiative brochure
- The dedicated page of the Economic and Social Committee
- Winners of the 1st European Social Innovation Prize and Launch of the 2nd Competition - Milan, 11.10.2013
- Social Europe guide 2013 ”Social economy and social entrepreneurship“ (free)
- Youth in action programme and Publication: ”Young people and entrepreneurship: European good practice projects“ (free)