The IAS Regulation foresees an accounting technical committee which shall provide support and expertise to the Commission in the assessment of international accounting standards. The committee is called the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG).
The function of the Committee is a regulatory one and consists in providing an opinion on the Commission proposals to adopt an international accounting standard as envisaged under Article 3 of the IAS Regulation.
- EFRAG Compatibility Analysis: IFRS for SMEs and the EU Accounting Directives
- Decision No 716/2009/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 September 2009 establishing a Community programme to support specific activities in the field of financial services, financial reporting and auditing - OJ L 253, 25.09.2009
- Commission Decision of 21 September 2009 nominating two public policy members of the Supervisory Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (OJ 2009/714/EC)
- Commission Decision of 13 July 2009 nominating a public policy member of the Supervisory Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (OJ 2009/549/EC)
- Call for applications regarding the nomination of public policy members of EFRAG's Supervisory Board (OJ 2009/C 74/04)
- EFRAG and IASCF financing proposal
- Commission and European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) agree future working relationship