Events :: Utility - Telecom Operator Workshop - 10 April 2013 - Presentations
Utility - Telecom Operator Workshop - 10 April 2013 - Presentations
24 April 2013, Martin's Central Park Hotel, Boulevard Charlemagne 80, BE-1000 Brussels
The European Commission, DG CONNECT and the European Utilities Telecom Council (EUTC) have jointly organizing a workshop on 10 April 2013. It has examined the cooperation of utility and telecom companies in exploring how telecom services and solutions can be provided for Europe’s future smart energy networks. Read the presentations.
The extent to which utility and telecom companies can collaborate to deliver ICT & Telecom services for the smart grid has been under debate for some time. In this debate, two topics have been proven to be of key importance: (i) How can Telecom meet the utility industry’s special requirements in supporting the smart energy infrastructure, and (ii) the mission critical services. There has been a move to ensure that the utility core business infrastructure and its telecom infrastructure are put to the best use in support of the future broadband services. In the morning session the workshop has showcased projects which are the result of the collaborative work of utility and telecom companies. The afternoon session has accommodated a panel discussion with representatives from both industries focusing on the collaboration between the two sectors and how Telecom companies can further contribute to the future needs of the smart grid.
- 1. European Commission: Synergies Utility - Telcos (1,2 Mb)
- 2. RWE: Fibre Optic in the Distribution Network – Making the Business Case for Utility Telecoms Enabled Smart Energy (1,6 Mb)
- 3. Vitro Connect: RWE‘s partner for Open Access (529 Kb)
- 4. GPRS for Iberdrola Smart Grid Star (1010 Kb)
- 5. Smart Grid: Vodafone‘s value proposition for Iberdrola (620 Kb)
- 6. Alliander & KPN - CDMA-450: Managed Wireless Services (614 Kb)