The ICT Competitiveness Week, which took place on 17-20 September 2012, brought together policymakers and stakeholders to discuss cross-cutting issues and specific strategies by ICT sector, with the overall aim to identify the main impediments (and ways to redress them) to reach the full potential of ICT for boosting competitiveness, growth and job creation.
The 13 sectoral sessions were:
- Electronic components and systems;
- Future and emerging technologies;
- Net futures;
- Embedded systems and advanced computing;
- ICT for manufacturing & engineering;
- Full Electric Vehicle;
- HPC and large data;
- Active and healthy ageing;
- Smart cities.
A summary of the recommendations and conclusions of the individual workshops are available on the Digital Agenda for Europe website.