Events :: Active and healthy ageing at the OPEN DAYS - European Week of Regions and Cities
Active and healthy ageing at the OPEN DAYS - European Week of Regions and Cities
8 - 11 October 2012
The OPEN DAYS – European Week of Regions and Cities is an annual four-day event during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, implement European Union cohesion policy, and prove the importance of the local and regional level for good European governance.
Three workshops will be devoted to the challenges and opportunities of demographic ageing that regions are faced with:
- "European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing: The Opportunity for regions": The workshop will serve, on the one hand, as a sounding board to engage regions in this initiative and, on the other hand, to present smart specialisation strategies for innovation at regional level by investing in innovative solutions for active and healthy ageing. Concrete examples and good practice cases from cohesion policy programmes from across Europe will be presented as well as presenting the current status of the EIP actions that are being shaped to showcase the various ways regions can tap into the opportunities of the EIP and cohesion programmes. (09 October, 11:15-13:00, registration code 09A12 )
- "Creating synergies between EU funds: demographic change and active ageing in European Territorial Cooperation and the ESF": This workshop will discuss how activities within European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) and the European Social Fund (ESF) could be better aligned in view of demographic change challenges. Good practices will be presented and strategic approaches will be discussed by high-profile speakers from the European Commission, the European Parliament as well as regional and local stakeholders. (09 October, 14:30-17:00, registration code 09B11)
- "Healthy Ageing: acting for innovation at regional and local level": The debate will bring together regional and local representatives from across Europe to discuss innovative policy solutions to face the challenge of healthy ageing. The debate will be concluded by the presentation of the Covenant of Mayors on Demographic Change, a policy initiative gathering local and regional authorities’ commitments on ageing and related demographic challenges. (09 October, 09:00-10:45, registration code 09A01)
- Details of the workshop "European Innovation Partnership on Active & Healthy Ageing: Opportunity for Regions" (48 Kb)
- Details of the workshop “Creating synergies between EU funds: demographic change and active ageing in ETC and the ESF” (46 Kb)
- Details of the workshop: "Healthy Ageing: acting for innovation at regional and local level" (190 Kb)
See also: Registration page to the OPEN DAYS.