Daily Issue - 5 July 2013
- NEWS ARTICLE
- The next step in the European Cloud Partnership
(4 July 2013)
Today 4 July 2013, the lift-off of the Cloud-for-Europe initiative was formally announced in Tallinn, Estonia, in the presence of its major stakeholders, President Ilves of Estonia and VP Kroes of the European Commission.
- CALL FOR TENDERS
- Call for tenders: Study: Definition of a research and innovation policy leveraging Cloud Computing and IoT combination - SMART 2013/0037
(Deadline: 23/08/2013) The tender specifications will be available until the deadline. The draft contract and invitation will be available until 03/09/2013. For a detailed description, please open the tender specifications below.
Contact: Peter Friess
- One year later... Granny and the roaming!
2 July 2013
Waching videos, checking mails, maps or updating social networks with your mobile operator while travelling across the EU will be 36% cheaper up of 1 July 2013. Data roaming will now be up to 91%.
New in the Library
- European Commission Vice-President Neelie Kroes
- Poland first to launch national digital jobs coalition under European umbrella
Europe needs to face the 21st century: I am going to be fighting like hell to ensure we have the digital skills and networks to do so. I hope you can support me in that fight.
- Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for the Digital Agenda, Neelie Kroes
- Building a Connected Continent
Information and communications technology is essential infrastructure, as important to our economy as transport networks or energy grids. So telecoms regulations are not just for the telecoms sector: they affect every sector that relies on connectivity for its competitiveness, from industry to healthcare, tourism to television, and more.
- ICT Innovation Voucher - Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises getting digital
1 July 2013
A snapshot of the ICT Innovation Vouchers scheme covering on short the following topics: what is an ICT innovation voucher, who are the beneficiaries, what are the services offered under the ICT innovation voucher, how does it work for a region, how does it work for an SME and the pilot phase of the scheme.</p>