Brochures :: Updated version of the European Commission's official response to the recommendations of the Interim Assessment of the Future Internet Public Private Partnership
16 January 2013
Following the publication of the Interim Assessment of the Future Internet Public Private Partnership Programme1 (FI-PPP) in May 2012, this report provides a follow-up on the recommendations presented therein.
The Interim Assessment of the FI-PPP was done by an independent panel of experts on the Future Internet Public-Private Partnership (FI-PPP). The objectives of the assessment were to:
• evaluate the concept of the FI-PPP;
• assess progress in the first year;
• offer recommendations to the European Commission and to participants in the FI-PPP;
• bring forward proposals for how to further develop the FI-PPP;
• contribute to the guidelines for public-private partnerships in Horizon 2020.
This document comprises the responses to the recommendations of the Interim Assessment of the FI-PPP, which includes 14 recommendations towards three different target groups:
• 5 for the European Commission concerning Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Horizon 2020. The European Commission has answered them taking into account the state-of-play of the preparations for Horizon 2020 at the time of publication of this response, i.e. December 2012.
• 4 for the participants in the present FI-PPP. The European Commission has solicited a response from the current participants of the FI-PPP.
• 5 for the Commission concerning the present FI-PPP.
Updated version from 16 January 2013