Events :: Horizon 2020 Information and Networking Day
6 February 2014, Jean Monnet Building, rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg
This event will offer an excellent opportunity to find out more about the Work Programme 2014-2015 for Advanced digital gaming/gamification technologies and Multimodal and Natural Computer Interaction for people with disabilities.
Who should attend?
This event addresses potential applicants for the first Calls under Horizon 2020 in the fields of ICT research & innovation supporting the Advanced Digital Gaming and Multimodal and Natural Computer Interaction for people with disabilities.
• ICT 2014 - Information and Communications Technologies, H2020-ICT-2014-1
The information day aims at helping participants to better understand the work programme and criteria for the evaluation of proposals, to facilitate sharing of ideas and experiences, and to meet potential partners for project consortia. Please note that the agenda will be focused on the topics mentioned. If you are interested in Horizon 2020 in general, in guidelines for funding applications or financial procedures, you might be better served by attending a national launch event (see Horizon 2020 list of events). Registration In line with the security rules, only registered participants can access the conference centre. Please fill in the registration form which will be available until 31 January. Registration form
What can you expect?
• A plenary session in the morning will provide participants with information on the current work programme and on practical issues related to preparing proposals.
It will include presentations of the following themes in the work programme:
• Horizon2020: What’s new?
• Presentation of Work Programme 2014-2015
ICT 21 Advanced digital gaming/gamification technologies
ICT 22-b Multimodal and Natural computer interaction Assisting people with disabilities
• Thematic networking sessions after lunch aim at exploring the various themes of the work programme in more depth. Discussions will be based on contributions and questions from participants.
How can you take part?
• All through the day, participants will have the possibility to present posters in the foyer where coffee will be served. This will be the space to meet potential project partners and to exchange ideas.
• In the networking sessions will be room for a number of short presentations from participants. These should not take longer than five minutes, be limited to the theme addressed by the session and focus on the following questions:
- Where do you see the main challenges in the area?
- How would you address these challenges in your project?
- Which expertise do you provide?
- Which expertise are you looking for to build a consortium?
- How to contact you?
If you wish to present your project idea, send your presentation (max. 5 slides/1 slide per question) on 03 February at the latest to the Inclusion mailbox, clearly indicating which theme you are addressing.
• In the afternoon, participants can present proposal ideas or ask specific questions in bilateral meetings with Commission staff (15 minutes maximum). Please submit your proposal abstract (1 page maximum) by 31 January at the latest to the Inclusion mailbox, clearly indicating which theme you are addressing.
Where and when?
Thursday, 06 February 2014; 09:00-17:00
Jean Monnet building, Conference centre, room M6
Rue Alcide de Gasperi
Terms of participation
Participation to the event is free of charge, but travel and accommodation costs are to be borne by delegates. Please note that the European Commission does not issue any personal invitations to this event, nor provide support with visa applications.
• Location: The European Commission building 'Jean Monnet' is located in rue Alcide de Gasperi, Plateau de Kirchberg, 3 km from the centre of Luxembourg city. Click here to locate it on Google Maps.
• Accommodation: Please contact your travel agency or the Luxembourg tourist office. The hotels closest to the Jean Monnet building (but not in the centre of the city) are 'Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg', 'Sofitel Luxembourg Europe' and 'Melia'.
The municipal busses 12 and 18 stop directly at the Jean Monnet building.
Through the CNECT-G4 mailbox you can contact the European Commission department organising this event.